This Mixed Berry Detox Smoothie Bowl is a healthy breakfast idea to start the day. It’s easy to customize using your favorite berries & greens, and so delicious!
We’ve had visitors staying over with us for the past few weeks and although it’s been busy busy busy, we’ve had the best time just getting to catch up and watch our kiddos play together. With the high temps, none of us have really felt like having a hot breakfast so it’s been smoothie bowls to the rescue.
It’s super simple to make and packed with antioxidants and immune-boosting ingredients. Plus, it’s vegan, dairy free and has no added sugar. You can totally add a sweetener if you like though and swap out whatever fruit or toppings you have on hand.
I used an organic blend of frozen berries, cherries, a banana, spinach, a splash of lemon juice, water and a pinch of turmeric for it’s healing benefits. I promise you can’t taste it at all. I add it to most of my smoothies but you can totally leave it out if you prefer 🙂
- 1/2 cup organic spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup pitted cherries fresh or frozen
- 1 banana sliced, frozen
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
- 1-1/2 cups frozen organic berries I get a blueberry, blackberry, raspberry strawberry mix
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cups water or coconut water
- pinch turmeric optional
- sweetener of choice optional*
- chia or hemp seeds
- coconut chips flakes
- banana slices
- blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
- nuts or seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender in order as they appear. Blend until smooth, adding additional liquid as needed. (As little as necessary so your smoothie will be thick). Taste and add sweetener of your choice, if desired. Blend again.
- Pour into bowls and top with your favorite mix of fruit, coconut flakes, shredded coconut and or chia/hemp seeds.
- Serve and enjoy.
*I don't usually add any sweetener as I find the berries, cherries and banana are sweet enough but you can definitely add raw honey or maple syrup if you like after tasting it.
More smoothie bowls:
Avocado Pineapple Smoothie Bowl – Running to the Kitchen
Banana Mango Smoothie Bowls – Lexi’s Clean Kitchen