Green Goddess Detox Smoothie Bowl is a refreshing mix of pineapple, orange, pomegranate, spinach and baby kale. It’s the perfect healthy way to start your day!
If you are finding it hard to get in that extra serving of greens or fruits, smoothies are a great option to add to your breakfast routine! They are my favorite way to start the morning to give me that extra boost of energy I need throughout the day.
A few months ago, I started to add strength training to my workout routine just so I could keep up with my kids, and there are some days when my usual green smoothie isn’t filling enough. So that’s when I started making smoothie bowls instead since I had seen so many floating around everywhere.
I have to admit, I can get a little crazy with my toppings some days.
For this smoothie bowl, I used:
- chia seeds
- pomegranate seeds
- unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 1-1/2 cups water or more depending on the consistency you prefer (I use water kefir but feel free to use what you have - coconut water would be great too)
- 1/2 rib celery chopped
- 1/2 medium carrot chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds or flax seeds or both
- 1 frozen banana cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sliced oranges
- 1 Tablespoon pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- Place all the ingredients in your high-performance blender in the order as they appear.
- Blend on high until completely smooth or until desired consistency is reached. Feel free to add more or less water depending on the consistency you prefer.
- Pour into bowls, top with your choice of toppings and arrange decoratively. Serve immediately, and enjoy!