This Green Goddess Detox Smoothie Bowl is a refreshing mix of pineapple, orange, pomegranate, spinach & baby kale. An easy & delicious smoothie bowl recipe!
If you are finding it hard to get in that extra serving of greens or fruits, smoothies are a great option to add to your breakfast routine! They are my favorite way to start the morning to give me that extra boost of energy I need throughout the day.
A few months ago, I started to add strength training to my workout routine just so I could keep up with my kids, and there are some days when my usual green smoothie isn’t filling enough. So that’s when I started making smoothie bowls instead since I had seen so many floating around everywhere.
I have to admit, I can get a little crazy with my toppings some days.
For this smoothie bowl, I used:
- chia seeds
- pomegranate seeds
- unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 1-1/2 cups water or more depending on the consistency you prefer (I use water kefir but feel free to use what you have - coconut water would be great too)
- 1/2 rib celery chopped
- 1/2 medium carrot chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds or flax seeds or both
- 1 frozen banana cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sliced oranges
- 1 Tablespoon pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- Place all the ingredients in your high-performance blender in the order as they appear.
- Blend on high until completely smooth or until desired consistency is reached. Feel free to add more or less water depending on the consistency you prefer.
- Pour into bowls, top with your choice of toppings and arrange decoratively. Serve immediately, and enjoy!