This recipe creates the best air fryer salmon patties that are ready in less than 30 minutes. Made with simple ingredients found in the pantry, this tender and flavorful salmon patty recipe is super easy and filled with fresh parsley and garlic. A quick dinner idea that is perfect for weeknights.
Air Fryer Salmon Patties
These salmon patties made in the air fryer are so easy to make. We love these salmon cakes for easy weeknight dinners not only because they taste amazing, but because they are full of healthy ingredients, too. Super minimal and quick to cook, these patties will work with either leftover cooked salmon or canned salmon.
Ingredients For Healthy Salmon Cakes
The ingredients for this recipe are amazingly simple and probably already in your pantry and refrigerator.
- Superfine blanched almond flour: gluten-free alternative replaces bread crumbs and gives the salmon patties their shapes.
- Salt: gives this recipe an amazing flavor
- Black pepper: for flavor
- Paprika: this dry ingredient gives these air fryer salmon patties just a pinch of a kick
- Nutritional yeast: for flavor, but can also sub with parmesan if not following paleo or Whole30 diets
- Oil: spray oil to grease the air fryer basket – our go to is Primal Kitchen or Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- Salmon: previously cooked salmon that has been cooled and flaked OR substitute with canned salmon that has been drained
- Eggs: whisk the eggs to create a binding agent for these patties; substitute with flax egg if you avoid eggs
- Dijon mustard: adds a punch of flavor and goes perfectly with flaked salmon
- Onion: the onion gives these salmon patties so much flavor
- Garlic: fresh garlic gives this recipe a burst of savory flavors
- Fresh parsley: parsley is always a great option for recipes and can act as garnishment, too
What do I serve with salmon patties?
A variety of foods can be served with these patties! Coat this salmon patty recipe in a delicious and savory sauce or pair it with some mixed vegetables. Here are some of our favorite recipes that work work really well with this easy dinner idea:
How To Air Fry Salmon Patties
To make salmon patties in the air fryer, start off by:
- Adding your cooked or canned salmon to a large bowl. Use two forks to flake the salmon. Add salt, pepper, paprika, eggs, almond flour, chopped parsley, diced onion, minced garlic and mustard. Mix until well combined.
- Spray air fryer basked with avocado oil spray or line with parchment paper cut to size to avoid sticking.
- With 1/3 measuring cup, scoop out the salmon mixture. Form the salmon mixture into a ball and place on in the air fryer basket, an inch apart.
- After all the salmon has been scooped, firmly press on each ball to create an even salmon patty. Repeat the process until all patties have been created.
- Close air fryer and cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 13-15 minutes (or until desired crispness), flipping and spraying halfway through.
Storing The Leftovers
To store these salmon patty leftovers, then simply transfer the food to an airtight container or reusable storage bag. Store this recipe in the refrigerator anywhere between three and four days for optimal fresh flavors.
If you are making a huge batch for meal prep (which we recommend for easy meal ideas!), then individually wrap each salmon patty and place in an airtight storage container or bag. Keep these air salmon patties in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to enjoy this recipe, then allow the salmon patties to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
More Air Fryer Recipes
More Salmon Recipes
Instant Pot Salmon – Food Network
These salmon patties made in the air fryer are so delicious and easy to prepare. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this simple meal idea is full of fresh flavors.
- 2 ounces salmon previously cooked, cooled and flaked OR sub with canned salmon that has been drained
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2/3 cup almond flour superfine; blanched
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast can sub with parmesan if not paleo or Whole30
Whisk two eggs. Combine flaked salmon with salt, pepper, paprika, eggs, flour, chopped parsley, diced onion, and minced garlic.
Mix until well combined.Spray air fryer basked with avocado oil spray or line with parchment paper cut to size to avoid sticking.
With 1/3 measuring cup, scoop out the salmon mixture. Form the salmon mixture into a ball and place on in the air fryer basket, an inch apart.
After all the salmon has been scooped, firmly press on each ball to create an even salmon patty. Repeat the process until all patties have been created.
Close air fryer and cook at 385F for 13-15 minutes (or until desired crispness), flipping and spraying halfway through