Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is the easiest way to cook spaghetti squash and comes out perfectly every time. A simple and delicious side dish that is naturally gluten free, Whole30, vegan, paleo, low carb and keto friendly.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Love spaghetti squash but don’t like how long it takes to cook in the oven? Making spaghetti squash in the air fryer is a total game changer and you’ll never want to cook it any other way! Not only does Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash cook up perfectly tender every time, it’s the quickest and easiest way!
Why we love this easy air fryer recipe
- Quick, easy and takes just 5 minutes of hands on time
- It’s a delicious low carb substitute for pasta and naturally vegan, Whole30, paleo, keto and high in fiber and vitamins.
- So filling yet low in calories
- Easy to customize with your favorite seasonings and is delicious with any mains or side dishes
How to Cut Spaghetti Squash
Start by washing and drying a medium spaghetti squash.
Second, make sure you have a large, sharp food knife to cut the squash horizontally into rings. The squash cooks much quicker and the strands end up longer.
Ingredients you need
- 1 medium whole spaghetti squash
- Oil – we like to use avocado oil spray but extra-virgin olive oil works as well
- Salt & black pepper
Other seasonings that would be delicious:
- Garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, sage, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper
How to make Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- CUT SPAGHETTI SQUASH: Slice ends off the squash, then cut horizontally into halves or rings.
- REMOVE SEEDS: Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- LAYER EVENLY INTO AIR FRYER BASKET: Place squash in air fryer basked. Coat with avocado oil spray & season with salt and pepper.
- COOK: Air fry at 375F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- COOL: Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then peel the skin and use a fork to shred the strands into long spaghetti noodles.
To store leftover spaghetti squash, place in a sealed air tight container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
How to Freeze Spaghetti Squash
The great thing about spaghetti squash is that you can freeze leftovers in a sealed air tight container for up to 3 months.
Remove spaghetti squash from freezer and reheat spaghetti squash leftovers in the microwave for 2 minutes the air fry for 3-5 minutes or in bake in your oven or toaster oven until heated through.
Which air fryer model is best?
I use a 6 quart Kalorik which works perfect for a medium spaghetti squash but you can use any model that would fit a spaghetti squash.
What to serve with spaghetti squash.
Spaghetti squash noodles can be used in any recipe in place of pasta! We love serving ours with Air Fried Salmon, Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Garlic, Meatballs with a side of Roasted Broccoli or Air Fried Brussels Sprouts.
More delicious winter squash and spaghetti squash recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- Delicata Squash
- Easy Acorn Squash
- Maple Pecan Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- avocado oil OR olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, sage, cayenne pepper, chili powder
Slice ends off the squash, then cut horizontally into halves or rings. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
Place squash in air fryer basked. Coat with avocado oil spray & season with salt and pepper.
Air fry at 375F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
Peel the skin and use a fork to shred the strands into long spaghetti noodles.