Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken with spinach and basil is full of flavor and perfect for busy weeknights. Best of all, this simple recipe cooks up in one pan in just 30 minutes with a delicious creamy low carb garlic sauce.
Pin HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
Easy one pan meals are perfect when life gets busy. This Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken with Spinach and Basil is full of flavor and cooks up in just 30 minutes.
And since this recipe cooks up in one skillet, there’s hardly any clean-up. You gotta love easy dinners (lemon garlic chicken is another family favorite) during those crazy weeknights. Plus, this one uses simple pantry ingredients you probably already have.
My kids love anything with sun-dried tomatoes and this family-friendly dish shows up on our dinner table regularly.
But the best part? The delicious and super creamy sauce is also gluten free, low carb and keto friendly.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil, butter or ghee in a large skillet on medium high heat. Sear the chicken until brown and cooked through on each side. For this recipe, you can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts and adjust the cooking time accordingly. For chicken thighs around 7-8 minutes per side and chicken breasts 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Heat olive oil in the same pan and add garlic and Italian seasoning. Saute for about 30 seconds until fragrant then add sun-dried tomatoes, heavy cream, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until smooth then stir in the parmesan cheese. Add basil and spinach and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt. Add the chicken back to the pan and serve with your favorite sides or over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice
HOW DO YOU MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE?
There are lots of ways to make a creamy and dreamy sun-dried tomato sauce. Some people make a roux with flour and milk while others add some cream cheese. This low carb and keto-friendly recipe uses a combination of butter, heavy cream, chicken broth and grated parmesan.
ARE SUN-DRIED TOMATOES HEALTHY?
Sun-dried tomatoes are packed with the same vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants as fresh tomatoes:
- Vitamin A,
- Vitamin C
ARE SUN-DRIED TOMATOES PALEO?
Yes, as long as you purchase sun-dried tomatoes without any added sugars or starches, sun-dried tomatoes can be enjoyed on a paleo and even a Whole30 diet.
WHAT ELSE TO SERVE WITH THIS CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN WITH SPINACH:
This delicious chicken tastes great on its own but would also pair well with:
LOW CARB OPTIONS:
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Cauliflower Rice
- Spiralized Zucchini
More low carb chicken recipes you might like:
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken with spinach and basil is full of flavor and is perfect for busy weeknights. Best of all, cooks up in one pan in just 30 minutes with a delicious creamy garlic sauce.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs OR 4 chicken breasts
- fine sea salt , to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter , ghee or olive oil - divided
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes , finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach , chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoons freshly chopped basil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides, until brown and cooked through. About 7-8 minutes on each side for chicken thighs and 5-6 minutes on each side for chicken breasts. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside
Heat the remaining butter in the same pan and add garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant then stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth until smooth.
Add the parmesan and allow sauce to simmer and thicken slightly. Add the spinach and chicken back to the pan and turn off the heat and leave until chicken is heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with your favorite sides or over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.
Made this for dinner last night and it was a big hit! Thanks