These Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters are crispy, delicious and so easy to make in your air fryer. They are a tasty way to use up some garden zucchini and the perfect low carb snack or lunch.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
Healthy Zucchini Fritters in the Air Fryer
Wondering how to make use of all that summer zucchini you have once July comes around?
These Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters are crispy, delicious and a fun way to use up any lingering garden zucchini when you don’t want to turn on your oven and heat up the house in the heat.
Why we love this air fryer recipe
Not only do these air fryer zucchini patties make a delicious snack or side dish, they are also completely grain free, gluten free, low carb and keto. And to make zucchini fritters paleo or Whole30 compliant, just swap the parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast.
Plus, this recipe for air fried zucchini takes hardly any time to make in an air fryer with just a few simple ingredients.
You can enjoy these air fryer zucchini cakes as a low carb, keto snack or side. Or make a double batch for your next summer BBQ, picnic or potluck.
And, the great thing about having an air fryer is that you don’t have to use much oil and clean up is a breeze! It’s definitely become one of our favorite kitchen appliance and not only do we make a ton of zucchini fritters, but we love making roasted air fryer broccoli, cauliflower and even bacon in the air fryer! A total game changer!
Ingredients you need:
- grated zucchini (or yellow squash)
- egg (sub with chia or flax egg to make zucchini fritters vegan)
- superfine blanched almond flour
- grated Parmesan cheese, feta cheese (sub with nutritional yeast for dairy free / paleo / Whole30 zucchini fritters)
- baking powder
- lemon pepper
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- Italian seasoning
- green onions
- avocado oil or olive oil, for frying
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
Be sure to read all the step-by-step instructions and watch the video below to see how easy these are to make!
- GRATE ZUCCHINI: Use a box grater to grate zucchini. Place in a medium bowl and stir in salt. Allow to rest for 10 minutes
- SQUEEZE OUT EXCESS WATER: Use thick paper towels or a tea towel to wrap the zucchini and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- MAKE THE ZUCCHINI PATTIES: In a large mixing bowl, add egg, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, almond flour, green onions and seasonings and mix until combined.
- How to make zucchini fritters in the air fryer: Spray the air fryer basket with avocado oil spray or line with parchment paper cut to size to avoid sticking. Scoop 1.5 tablespoonfuls Portions into THE air fryer basket, an inch apart. Press to flatten zucchini cakes and lightly spray with oil.
- What temperature to air fry zucchini fritters: Close air fryer and cook at 385F.
- How long to air fryer zucchini fritters for: Cook for 11-12 minutes (or until desired crispness), flipping and spraying halfway through. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.
ARE AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI FRITTERS GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes. These crispy zucchini cakes are not only absolutely delicious but they are low in calories and make a healthy toddler-friendly snack or side dish.
Are air fryer zucchini fritters keto?
Yes. The nutritional info for one of these air fryer zucchini cakes is:
- 68 calories
- 2g Net Carbs = 3g Total Carbs – 1g Fiber
- 4g Protein
- 5g Fat
How to freeze Air Fryer Zucchini Cakes
To freeze the already-made fritters, place in a single layer on a baking sheet and flash freeze the pan for 20 minutes. Transfer to a large freezer bag or air-tight container and store in the freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat frozen zucchini cakes on a cookie sheet in a 200°F oven until heated through.
- want to bulk up your fritters with more vegetables, feel free to grate in some yellow squash, carrots, cauliflower or even sweet potatoes
- have lots of summer corn, add some in to make zucchini corn fritters
What to serve with zucchini fritters
These air fried zucchini patties are delicious on their own and will go great with so many dishes! We love serving ours as appetizers with a dollop of dairy-free sour cream or a creamy aioli dip.
You can also pair them with some instant pot lemon chicken, roasted asparagus or a kale caesar salad.
More zucchini recipes:
Crispy Zucchini Chips
More air fryer recipes you might like:
How to Use An Air Fryer – includes reviews and which air fryer you should use
Whole30 Air Fryer Salmon Patties
Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
These Air Fryer Zucchini Frittersare crispy, delicious and so easy to make in your air fryer. They are a tasty way to use up some garden zucchini and the perfect low carb snack or lunch.
- 3 medium zucchini (about 2.5 cups shredded zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese , (sub with nutritional yeast for dairy free / paleo / Whole30)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 green onions , finely sliced
- avocado oil or olive oil
- dollop of sour cream, chopped green onions or dill plus lemon wedges
GRATE ZUCCHINI: Use a box grater to grated zucchini. Place in bowl and stir in 1/2 tsp salt. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- SQUEEZE OUT EXCESS WATER: Use thick paper towels or a tea towel.
MAKE THE ZUCCHINI PATTIES: Add egg, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, almond flour, green onions and seasonings and mix until combined.**
**If batter seems too soggy, add a little bit more almond flour. If batter seems too dry, add a little bit of water.
Spray the air fryer basket with avocado oil spray or line with parchment paper cut to size to avoid sticking.
Scoop 1.5 tablespoonfuls Portions into THE air fryer basket, an inch apart. Press to flatten zucchini cakes and lightly spray with oil.
Close air fryer and cook at 385F for 11-12 minutes (or until desired crispness), flipping and spraying halfway through.
Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.
Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream and top with chopped green onions or dill along with lemon wedges.
ABSOLUTELY loved these . I subbed chives for lemon pepper