This Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe is easy to make in less than 30 minutes and makes the most tender and juicy chicken breasts with just a few ingredients! Flavored to perfection with garlic, Italian seasoning and a touch of smoked paprika, this easy chicken recipe will be an instant family favorite. Gluten-free, low carb, keto, Whole30 compliant.
The Juiciest Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Looking for a fool-proof way to cook chicken breast? We love cooking chicken in the air fryer. This Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe cooks up in less than 30 minutes and comes out perfectly tender and juicy every time!
Why we love making chicken in the air fryer
Air fried chicken breast is the easiest and most hands off way to make juicy chicken breasts. You get a nice and crispy exterior, while leaving the inside tender and juicy.
In addition to being perfectly cooked and packed with mouth-watering flavors, this air fryer chicken works with gluten-free, low-carb, keto, paleo and Whole30 diets!
There really isn’t an easier or healthier way to cook chicken. Any excess fat on your chicken breasts will actually be removed from the chicken by your air fryer while it cooks. This means every bite of air fryer chicken is meaty and delicious, as it should be!
Not a chicken breast? My family loves making air fryer chicken so much, and we have plenty more air fryer chicken recipes and a couple favorites include our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders, Air Fryer Drumsticks or Air Fryer Chicken Wings.
You only need a handful of ingredients for this chicken recipe. You can adjust the seasonings, if desired, based on your preferences or use one of my 6 different chicken marinade recipes.
For the easy chicken seasoning:
- Coarse sea salt OR kosher salt, to taste
- Black Pepper: Go for freshly cracked!
- Garlic Powder: This really sets the base for the savory goodness.
- Italian Seasoning: You can make your own by combining 1/2 tsp each of dried basil, rosemary and sage, 1 tsp each of dried thyme and marjoram, and 1.5 tsp of dried oregano.
- Smoked Paprika: If you want spicier chicken, use cayenne pepper instead.
For the air fried chicken:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts: You’ll need about 6 oz, pounded to even thickness.
- Avocado Oil Spray: Or olive oil spray.
Can You Use Other Cuts of Chicken?
Sure, you could use chicken thighs instead of breasts, if desired. Just note that they will need to cook for a bit longer. However, the internal temperature they should reach when they’re done is the same as it is for the breasts.
Is Frozen or Fresh Chicken Best to Use?
I’d definitely use fresh chicken if you have it, but you can just as easily use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe. I recommend thawing them out in the fridge before air frying. If you don’t thaw them out, you’ll need to increase the cook time significantly.
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Breast
There’s nothing complicated about this recipe. Your air fryer does all the hard work for you! As long as you remember to flip your chicken halfway through the cooking process, you’ll be good to go. Be sure to follow the step-by-step instructions and watch the video below if you
- Combine Seasonings: In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper and seasonings together.
- Coat Chicken with Avocado Oil: Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and spray and pat both sides with oil.
- Season Chicken: Sprinkle the spice mix on each chicken breast and rub it evenly on both sides of each chicken.
- Cook: Air fry at 365°F for 10 minutes.
- Flip: Open the air fryer basket and use tongs to flip the chicken.
- Finish Cooking: Close the basket and cook for another 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken, until it’s cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let Cool & Serve: Transfer the chicken to a cutting board or plate, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Success
Want more advice for making perfect air fryer chicken? Here are a few dos and don’ts to keep in mind.
- Check Internal Temperature Early: Since everyone’s air fryer is different, I suggest checking your chicken’s internal temperature sooner rather than later. As soon as it reaches 165°F, your chicken is ready!
- Avoid Overcrowding: It’s better to work in batches than to overcrowd your air fryer basket. If it’s stuffed with too many chicken breasts, they won’t get as crispy and delicious.
- Cook Both Sides: It’s very important to flip your chicken after it’s been in the air fryer for about 10 minutes. This way, it’ll cook evenly all around.
What Goes with Air Fryer Chicken?
There are tons of different side dishes you can pair with juicy chicken breasts. Here are some of our favorite sides to serve mine with:
- Air Fried Vegetables: Air Fryer Broccoli, Air Fryer Cauliflower, Air Fryer Green Beans or Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Potatoes: Chicken and potatoes go together like a dream. These Crispy Smashed Potatoes are on a whole other level!
- Cauliflower Rice: For a healthy Whole30 and keto dinner, serve your perfectly juicy air fried chicken with our Cauliflower Rice
- Salad: Try serving your chicken alongside this fresh and healthy Spinach Salad or Vegan Caesar Salad
- Green Beans: My easy Sauteed Green Beans are a tasty side dish you can whip up in 15 minutes. And they pair so well with this roasted chicken!
- Sweet Potato Fries: These crispy and delicious Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are another quick and easy side dish that tastes amazing with roasted chicken.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Air fryer chicken should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for about 3 days.
Once your chicken has completely cooled, store it well-covered in the fridge. Leftovers will stay fresh for up to 4 days. There are so many yummy ways to use your leftover air fried chicken! It tastes great in sandwiches, salads, quesadillas and more.
Bring the chicken to room temperature before serving it or heat individual portions in the microwave, if desired. To reheat your chicken breasts, place them in the air fryer at 365°F for 3-4 minutes, or until warmed through.
Can I Freeze Extras?
You bet! This recipe is freezer friendly, too. Frozen chicken breasts will last for up to 3 months. Just fully thaw them out in the fridge before reheating.
More Chicken Recipes to Try
Want some more irresistible chicken dinner ideas? Check out these easy recipes!
- This flavorful Whole Roasted Chicken is the perfect entree for holiday meals or big family dinners.
- Our Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry is such a quick and easy lunch or dinner that’s so much yummier and healthier than takeout
- Grilled Chicken
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Garlic
More air fryer recipes you will love:
Crispy Air Fryer Falafel
This Air Fryer Chicken Breast is perfectly tender, juicy and so easy to make in less than 30 minutes in your air fryer! Serve it with your favorite healthy sides for an easy chicken dinner. Gluten-free, low carb, keto, Whole30 compliant.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper and seasonings together.
Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and spray and pat both sides with oil.
Sprinkle the spice mix on each chicken breast and rub evenly on both sides of each chicken.
- Air fry at 365 F for 10 minutes. Open the air fryer basket and use tongs to flip chicken. Close the basket and cook for another 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken, until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board or plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy.